Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Short TV Blog

Rescue Me was pretty good with the character Tommy acting more normal and Denis Leary doing some less than over the top acting for a change. I'm a little shocked by the bleeding Jesus (at least he looked Semitic). I also can't see the children co-operating with the mom to get out of the Mullet guy's house without tipping off Tommy. I have three kids; when they were younger, I couldn't get them to do squat, much less a quiet squat. I'm beginning to like the dumb one and the new guy (obsessed with the big ex-girlfriend) less and less. Bring Tergeson out more.

Six Feet Under had some unpleasant non-surprises. Brenda and Nate are way too unhappy too soon. It's not a good sign when the happy couple is saying F---off to each other. There's something creepy about the surrogate (I see nothing but misery in that direction). Rico gets back with his wife for a night. Billy absolutely freaks out off his meds (at least he didn't try to cut out Brenda's baby or something). Claire becomes more and more a slut (that one I couldn't figure out or foresee--I'm stretching to remember what's in her past that would account for that--nothing so far). George's daughter and Nate were heading towards a kiss until the bird (a Steller's Jay?) came back. I could see that interrupted kiss coming a mile off, as I bet most of the avid fans could too. I think the show has lost a step metaphorically, but it is still one of the best shows out there.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?