Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

Brave New World

Because I was a Science Fiction fan, I liked Brave New World better than 1984, the two dystopian novels we read in High School. I always thought, though, that there would be no artificial wombs, because it was so easy and cheap just to rent a real one. My moosesteak.

Tony Blankley has the goods on artificial womb development. He sees the implications for Roe v. Wade. I see problems with imperceptible things missing from babies born from artificial wombs because we don't know all the things that real wombs provide to the development of the baby. Also with artificial wombs, cloning becomes a little more scary. You still have a baby as the result of cloning, but it might be an invisibly damaged baby with a screwed up internal clock (like the sheep Dolly was supposed to have had).

We lawyers might scare the scientists from fully developing these things, with the concept of wrongful life. See, I knew we had an uplifting purpose.

Comments:
Most crime is done by young men between the ages of 16 and 36. I was told that crime began to go down as we began to run low on young men in that age group. Was I lied to? There are a lot of theories around that the Roe factor has reduced the number of Democrats. Ask me next time we meet and I'll try to locate the sites. I do pity the unwanted but I pity the dead just as much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?