Monday, July 25, 2005

 

Like High School

Remember in High School (it's way back for me) when there was one guy you just hated and he was always around and there was nothing you could do to diminish him or to bring your friends over to your view of the guy? That's what it's like with me and ugly dog, ex-CIA maven Larry Johnson, who is calling Karl Rove a traitor and insisting that Valerie Plame was undercover.

Back in High School I would have loved to have learned something really horrible about the hated guy, so I could tell everyone and have them hate him too. Well, it never happened in High School, but fortune has smiled on me lately. Here's what I learned about Larry Johnson. The same Larry Johnson who is coming off all righteous and competent and reveling in his ex-CIA status and the Democrats' lionizing of those who criticize Republicans.

Larry wrote an op-ed in the New York Times published on July 10, 2001, titled "Declining Terrorist Threat". Let's let that timing sink in a little. Here's more of Mr. Johnson's brilliant analysis of the diminishing terrorist threat at about the same time--read it while the first brilliance is still sinking in. You see just two months later, the terrorist threat declined to show that it was declining; indeed, on September 11, 2001, the terrorist threat showed itself to be pretty much un-diminished.

So, Larry proves himself to be the worst freaking terrorism analyst ever.

Now, if I had shown myself to have no idea of what I was doing in my job (at the crack anti-terrorist squad at the CIA) and no frigging idea what was really going on in that particular part of the World that I was supposed to know really well, I would never show my dog ugly face on TV ever again. I guess Larry and I are different from each other. (Nor am I that ugly). So, please take his self-aggrandizing opinions about Ms. Plame and Karl Rove with the 75 ton crystal grain of salt they deserve.

Comments:
Nicely done, but like all lefties...the truth, credibility and integrity don't mean much...it is diametric oppostion and outrageous talkng points that carry the day. Who cares that he was dead wrong about the most important intelligence analysis of the last 60 years, he's saying bad things about the right, so let's give him air time. Keep up the great work...it will eventually beat them back. MM
 
Hm, so if he was wrong about terrorism he must be wrong about whether a CIA classmate of his was undercover or not? Right, I can see why Hugh Hewitt linked to you...
 
A more comprehensive look at Larry C. Johnson is here.
 
Thank you all for reading and for you comments. Chuck, you are more cynical about the guy than I am, I didn't think that was possible. Major Mike, I read you last post at your blog and I know just how you feel. Fortunately, my kids are out of the house. I think I've been dumped by my girlfriend, work is a bore--so I have nothing to do but keep on with this. It helps a lot to have a second blogger too.
Brad, if you ever come back, scroll down to the other posts I had about Johnson. I heard the guy on local radio and immediately didn't like him. And yes, his being a bad analyst makes all his statements suspect. He may have know the wild, young Ms. Plame in the 80's, but what he's saying now is not, I believe, from personal knowledge. Directorblue, if that really is your name, thanks for the link to similar but more comprehensive information. Again, thanks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?