Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Sunday Show

I might have had too much alcohol at a dinner party last night so I kinda dozed through the first two Sunday political talking heads shows, but I got better about the time Chris Matthews started talking about his dad, who died last Sunday. Even though the panel was 5-0 liberal to conservative (again), I have to give Matthews high marks for a heart felt and wise discussion of his dad's life and death. It brought a lump to my throat and nearly a tear to my eye as I thought and think about my aging parents and how much they mean to me.
During a waking period on the Fox Sunday show, Juan Williams and Ceci Connolly were defending random bag checks on NYC subways and continuing to harp on the 'evils' of racial profiling. It's rational profiling to recognize that Muslim extremists have declared, and are waging, war against us. It's irrational to fight against them wearing self-imposed blindfolds. Juan, who is actually a pretty good guy for a lefty, has hardly ever sounded stupider.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?