Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Blame Game Scoring

Here in Colorado, in lawsuits, the defendant can designate other people (non-parties at fault) who helped to cause the damages he or she is being sued for and have the jury designate percentages of blame. It is a good system.

The mainstream press and the Democrats (redundant) are blaming only President Bush. If I were his lawyer and this blame game being waged was a lawsuit, I would designate the following as non-parties at fault:

Hurricane Katrina
FEMA
Governor Blanco
Mayor Nagin

and here's how, at this point, I'd assign the 100% of blame for the suffering in New Orleans during the first two weeks after the storm hit.

Hurricane Katrina 99.6%
FEMA .o49%
Governor Blanco .10%
Mayor Nagin .25%
President Bush .001%

There are others assigning blame, here, here, and here. They're not using the same system as I am, though.

UPDATE: I've read some more and I'm ready to revise the percentages of blame. Here we go then.

Hurricane Katrina 99.6%
FEMA .oo99%
Governor Blanco .20%
Mayor Nagin .1999%
President Bush .0001%

I may have to update it again if there's an investigation.

Comments:
That's because I didn't get it until you called it a pun. Good one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?