Monday, October 24, 2005

 

30th Reunion


To the left, two of the more attractive girls from the freshman dorm reunion. Even after thirty years these women look great. As a connoisseur of reunions, I have to admit that the best were the 20th and 25th and now we're on a downhill slide. Still fun. My daughter Alex went along and was bored nearly to tears. I don't know why I was expecting different. My dad took me along to some UVA reunions when we lived in Richmond in the 60s and I hated every moment. Saw some old girlfriends, talked to dormmates and mutual friends. I was pretty much the only open Republican in the group. I thought that was a little weird. Maybe I don't know the social pressure in the Bay Area to be liberal. All of the women I knew in freshman dorm became wives/mothers or health industry workers (with quite a few doctors among them) or both. That's an impressive yin yang. Saw the only for real genius I ever met. His daughter, whom I last saw when she was 6, is all grown up, a teacher (like her mom) and very self assured. I caught up on some health issues with old friends and nearly all are much better, I'm glad to say. Barb Franks Ralston became a font of fascinating gossip so I sat near her when I could. Nearly everyone has grey hair and the guys who have hair still look about the same; the ones without hair look pretty ancient. All the women had aged gracefully.

Comments:
it must be an unfortunate photo then, cos the one on the right looks like a drag queen to these eyes!
Sounds like the reunion was fun, glad you had a good time. I had a small reunion with 3 of my old high school buddies this summer - boy they hadn't changed one iota to these eyes - nor had their wives! Maybe I need an optometrist!
 
Drag queen? Jenny? Ouch. My eyes must be enamoured. Really good face and a great body, but no one can fight time effectively in the long run. It was fun but I felt bad about Alex.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?