Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

King Kong Watch

Probably my second favorite memory of discovering a good movie on TV was the 1933 King Kong when I was, I think, 6 or 7 years old. (My favorite is The Third Man--just the sewer scenes). As I recall I watched it with my dad and mom in their bed late into the night (I fell asleep just after they got to New York). So I'm a huge fan of the movie and I'm sure the new version is great. It opened to less than $10 million (which is 21st all time for Wednesday openings), but I do not despair, because usually the Wednesday opening is a school holiday (this one, that is, yesterday, was not). Friday Movie Review will be about King Kong but it won't happen until Saturday.

UPDATE: My daughter Alex just got home from work at the cineplex and says she watched 15 minutes of King Kong. She says it stunk. Uh ho.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?