Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

A Good Movie About Methamphetamine

Despite the fact that it has Val Kilmer, the best meth movie is the surprisingly good The Salton Sea. Neo-noir, stylish with a few surprises. It has an extraordinary performance by Vincent D'Onofrio as the Pooh-Bear. Not just extraordinary--unforgettable. Peter Sarsgaard is pretty good too. The weird thing is that they make a big deal about an 8 shot Colt revolver in .357 magnum. There is no such thing. That probably won't ruin it for you.

The history of meth is very interesting as presented in the movie and I liked the scenes about the meth user parties. My daughter said they were phony, but I didn't have the nerve to ask her how she would know that.

Don't buy the DVD, but it's well worth a watch.

Comments:
I'll check it out and let you know. The most realistic movie about depraved drug users was "Rush" although alot of the movie was overdramatised.

p.s. I'd ask.
 
Rush was pretty good. Alright, I'll ask.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?