Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 

Oh Canada

I like our nice neighbors to the North, especially the ones in Alberta. I kid the Canadians about the Nancy boy status of their military (50,000 soldiers and sailors for the world's second biggest nation, I mean really) and the general Nancy boy status of their government (until recently). Today there were people on the 16th Street Mall, good hearted people no doubt, handing out boycott Canada fliers with the above seal whacking photo. So I began to like the Canadians more just from that.

Then I read about the new Prime Minister (Stephen Harper) traveling to Afghanistan to visit the Canadian troops there (I wonder how many there are? 30, 100?--but I'm creeping back into kidding status) where he said they won't "cut and run" from their mission and he is prepared to take on "doubters" in Ottawa who question the human cost of the effort. (Ottawa is the Washington DC of Canada). Good show, I thought.

So not all the guys in Canada are Nancy boys (and I don't mean just the hockey players and seal whackers).

Comments:
The guy looks like Barry Bonds
 
Before the steroids, perhaps. But he is preparing to whack that seal. Notice too the knife sharpener at his side.
 
Larry Walker was traded just a few months ago and already Seeker has forgotten him (and the Toronto Blue Jays it seems). Thanks for the comment.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?