Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

Joe Wilson--the Politics of Lies

Here are excerpts from a Daily Kossak's account (by thl lib) of a Joe Wilson speech late last month:

The neocons need to be forced back into the dark holes from which they crawled. They are nothing but parasites who serve nobody and nothing but themselves who are using the Republican Party as a serving host

It still amazes me when I still see that drunk Bill Kristol on tv every week still spewing the same nonsense he was spewing 3 years ago

You know when they first started trying to come up with a way to discredit me, which we now know started in March of 2003, they went through the old standbys. 'He's had 3 wives, he's a womanizer, he's done drugs.' But then they realized they couldn't' use those because I've never actually denied them. I mean I'm the first to admit that, unlike Ken Mehlman and David Dreier, I really like women.

Ann Coulter and others came up with the crap that Joe couldn't get a job on his own, he needed his wife to find one for him because "he's a wussy man". Well, when I thought about it, I wasn't really all that surprised hearing it from Ann. Afterall, she is a rather manly woman.

(since I had handwritten notes from George's dad thanking me for my brave service in saving American lives in Baghdad)

Here's a reaction from lefty Mark Kleinman at The Reality-Based Community:

I've mostly laid off Joseph Wilson, not wanting to let the issue of his (execrable) character interfere with the question of who outed his wife as a covert CIA officer. But this from Daily Kos ... I mean I'm the first to admit that, unlike Ken Mehlman and David Dreier, I really like women.
is simply intolerable. The whole entry makes it sound likely that Wilson is now completely drunk on the sound of his own voice...Given Wilson's history, he could have been an effective anti-Bush spokesman, if he weren't such a toad.


Lefty Jason Zengerle at the New Republic jumps in with this headline (EXPERTS AGREE, WILSON'S A PIG) and link to Mark Kleinman.

When the main thrust of your argument is ad hominem invective, you're a bad person. And the guys on the left who early on lionized Joe Wilson and awarded the Ridenhour Award for Truth-Telling to him, are slowly waking up to that fact, or so it would seem.

Finally, all of the real heroes I know rarely talk about their heroism and never call themselves brave. Wilson, who did a fantastic job in Baghdad during Gulf War I, wrenches his arm out patting himself on his back.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?