Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Rare Sports Post

Few people ever went broke betting on Denver sports teams to choke in the playoffs (and the Nuggets sure look true to form), but I'm beginning to let my desire overwhelm my reason. The Avs, which I wrote off as they mailed in their last few games of the season and lost, have beaten the vaunted Dallas Stars (#2 in the West), in Dallas, TWICE, and have the next two games here in Denver. You can come back from blowing the first two games, but the team has to have a lot of heart and I'm not sure Dallas does (there's no doubt they have a lot of talent). Go Avalanche! What a pleasant surprise.

Comments:
I wish they broadcasted the Avs' games here in New York. I'm stuck watching the Rangers get there asses handed to them by the Devils, twice.
 
You won't see the Avs until second or maybe third round (if they make it that far). At least the Rangers made the playoffs this year if only to get blown out in the first round.
I neglected to say that in the 5-4 OT win over the Stars at least half of Dallas' goals (and maybe 3/4) were incredibly lucky fluke goals. All of ours were solid. Tonight will tell the tale. Keep your fingers crossed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?