Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Sami Takes the Deal

Here's the story's lead paragraph:

Former university professor Sami al-Arian has pleaded guilty to aiding the Palestinian group Islamic Jihad and agreed to be deported, according to documents made public on Monday by a U.S. court in Florida.

I guess Bill O'Reilly can start gloating a little, although the hung jury on several counts, while acquitting al-Arian on most of the charges, shut up O'Reilly for a while about this. I took it as more evidence that war fighting doesn't belong in Federal District Court.

Al-Arian and crazy old Moussaoui have both saved our Justice Department from humiliation with guilty pleas.

Comments:
Yea,

Imagine how hard it would be to convict these guys if they actually presented a decent defense.
 
So stop prosecuting them. Deport them or put them in Guantanamo. I think al-Rani did put up a competent defense but ran out of gas ($) or faith and took a deal with no jail time. Moussaoui seems to be sabotaging what would be competent defense. (maybe he really does want to be a martyr).
 
That has been my take for a while.

Brer Rabbit. He wants to be thrown into the Briar Patch. He isn't using reverse psychology, but obviously Brer Rabbit is intelectually superior.
 
By the way, that thing with Firefox is really bad now. The new picture is coving your top story.

Just thought I'd let you know because alot of people use Firefox (including me!)
 
Bill O'Reilly gloat? No way. He's not smug. He wouldn't do that.

I haven't watched him lately. How's he doing on finding Natalee Holloway?
 
Sorry about the photo thing. I can't control this thing. I barely know how to post.
I don't watch O'Reilly any more so I can't answer about the Aruba disappeared but I had thought that was Greta's main gig.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?