Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Too Cute By Half

Local law professor and bon vivant, Paul Campos, is nearly incoherent today in his Rocky Mountain News column. It starts out about Ann Coulter, but is actually about bureaucracy vis a vis modern medicine. It's not a smooth transition.

The part that made me laugh was the photo of Mr. Campos (not exactly Adonis) next to his chastising Ann Coulter (whom he knows, by the way) for looking good. You can't buy irony that pungent.

...the cover features a portrait of the artist as a young tart, blond locks flowing, her size zero little black dress catering to a combination of ideological and erotic perversion that's disturbing to contemplate.

The good professor is also a amateur psychiatrist:

...Coulter's views have always seemed to me to be sincerely held, to the extent that narcissistic borderline personalities can be sincere.

If you look good, and you know you look good...I call that sound mental health.

Do you notice that nearly all the complaints about Ann Coulter involve her looks and hardly anyone takes on the substance of her statements? Is there a DSM IV diagnosis for that mental illness?

Comments:
Maybe it's because Ann Coulter has no substance in her statements.
 
Hold on to that delusion, Andy. Thanks for reading.
 
"Do you notice that nearly all the complaints about Ann Coulter involve her looks and hardly anyone takes on the substance of her statements?"

Are you out of your mind? Do you know ho to google.

Speaking of looking good Roger, it might help if you ditched that photo of you and Hewitt.
 
Ah the good Mr. Fraley is an amateur psychiatrist as well. I'm under a delusion that there really does exist scientific evidence of evolution. Thanks for curing me. I'll just go back to being a godless liberal.
 
I look forward to your "attack". I'm a bit concerned though that you won't look that hard because if I understand you correctly you find little wrong arguments. Here's some help . . .

Ann Coulter embarassing herself and conservatism once again
 
Dear Sundry and All, and w/ particular respect to my friend, Roger.

I am unilaterally declaring a moritorium on Ann Coulter. I am reminded of a Far Side cartoon in which in the foreground there is a mother talking to her son while in the backround there are monsters moving into the house next door, and the caption is something to the effect of: "The more you believe in monsters moving next door, Danny, the more likely they are to eat you."

Ann Coulter is very intelligent, whether you agree w/ her her or not. She is not a serious thinker. She is here for the ride to fame and fortune. The more you give her creedance, the more you empower her. Let us relegate her onto the scrap heap of Philistinism together w/ Rush Limbaugh.

The more you believe in her....
 
"When you are ready to be an adult and put a name to your noise maybe we will pay attention"

I seem to recall that five years ago when this administration took over, somebody said something about the "adults" being back in charge. Well if these incompetents are the "adults", I don't want to be a member of that club.
 
Anon, don't worry, I don't think you are.
Andy, I'm not unwilling to take her on, I was just complimenting her on the soundness and volume of her attack. Not that she's even close to right.
Thanks for the support.

I like Ann Coulter a lot--I'm a sucker for sarcasm.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?