Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Short TV Post


Dr. Who did a reunion show with the English guy from Buffy and (to the left) Sarah-Jane Smith (Sarah the Whiner) and K-9 (to the right) from earlier Whoventures.

K-9 looked only a little worse for wear, but time has not been very kind to the the actress who plays Sarah (Elisabeth Sladen) especially round the mouth, but it's been a good long while; Sarah was originally with the Pertwee Doctor (and then with Baker the Magnificent). And of course in tonight's episode she was whining bitterly that the Baker Doctor abandoned her on Earth. My memory is that she wanted off the TARDIS. There was never a hint that Who lusted after any of his companions (mainly because Dr. Who was an old man in the first three versions, Baker seemed absolutely uninterested in sex and many of the later ones, though young, seemed a bit pufta). It is only the last two who seem to have some romantic interest in the Cockney, Rose.

If I were to get it on with any Who companion, certainly the first Romana (Mary Tamm) (on the left) is a candidate. She was extremely pretty with a good body, but a bit stiff and haughty. Look close at that photo of her if you doubt me. That's not a come hither look. If I actually could have my pick, I think it would be Peri Brown (Nicola Bryant) (below), just as cute a face, better body, and she seemed more open--you could reach her heart.

Beauty is important; but it's not the only thing.

Comments:
Roger,

I have always preferred Mary Tamm, just as I have always preferred Tom Baker, and trust that this is not an indictment of my tstae or personality.

Regards until the next time you want to borrow my sonic screw driver,

T
 
I'm of course with you on Baker, but look again at the picture of beautiful Mary Tamm. Not only is it not a come hither stare it's a keep your distance, scum, stare. She's still acting, by the way, but not in anything I've ever seen.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?