Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

Whom to Believe?



John Zogby's recent poll of Venezuelans or your own apparently lying eyes (the photo to the left of an estimated 1.4 million at a rally in Caracas for Chavez's main opponent, Manuel Rosales)? I have been predicting Chavez's being voted out on December 3, 2006. That date's not too far away to wait for resolution.

My personal interactions with Venezuelans causes me to think that they tend a bit to selfishness and vanity, but they are not, in general, fools.

(h/t Gateway Pundit)

Comments:
Is Rosales the guy who engineered the coup and then was invited back from exile by Chaves because he believes in opposition?

I've been to Caracas and that parade looks like rush hour traffic. :)
 
Very funny. I have no knowledge of Rosales other than he is not Chavez. Such is the usual level of my interest in South American politics.
 
He wasn't the guy, but Chaves ran an ad showing Rosales shaking the guy's hand who was put in charge during the brief coup.

This will be a very interesting election to watch. Some strange stuff going on for sure.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?