Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

Snow Day

I went today to work in a light snowstorm but by noon, it was time to come home. It's like a blizzard out there now. No one was in their office; the courts were packing it in. The telephone was not exactly ringing off the hook. The trip back was no fun. I'm driving my daughter's Saab 900. There was no evidence anywhere that any road in Denver had been visited by a snowplow, but I kept going. I even stopped for chicken and gas.

So I'm snug at home with hot chocolate and biscotti hoping I'll be able to fly out to Florida tomorrow late afternoon. We'll see. I guess I could finish the ISG report but it has already dropped off the radar so I guess I'll just read around and then maybe take a nap. Snow days are not so bad, even for us old guys.

UPDATE: OK, enough already. Two feet is enough, thank you very much.

Comments:
Even if they had been plowed (and they had, I was driving behind one on the way to the grocery store this morning), the evidence was soon covered up. I cleared about 4 inches off the drive around lunchtime, and just went back out to find 6-8 inches had taken its place.
 
I'm going to the West Coast, about 70 miles south of St. Pete. And yes, it seems to be coming down quite quickly. Sure hope it stops soon.
 
Still no snow in the Czech Mountains and not because of lack of percipitation. It is still raining here.

Weird stuff.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?