Friday, December 15, 2006

 

These are the Best of Times

After having seen Apocalypto, which was set just under 500 years ago, and then taken a second CT scan today in a big doughnut shaped machine, I have to marvel at the progress the human race has made here in the New World in the last half century. I used to play the mind game of, if I could travel in time (which I do not believe is possible), where would I go? I wouldn't leave. There is no better period of time to be in than right now.

OK, OK, maybe a couple of years in the Bloomsbury area of London between 1901 and 1915, but only if I could scrape together 1000 5 Pound notes with the appropriate dates on them. But I'd want to carry back some penicillin.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?