Wednesday, September 19, 2007

 

Campos' Non Sequitur

I missed the Tuesday column of Colorado's most famous property law professor, but it was republished today at Real Clear Politics so I read it. Campos reveals his ability to misread any political situation also extends to college football.

His belabored point is, I think, that black coaches are not getting the fair look they deserve. His proof that race was a factor in the two hiring decisions he jumps on is absolutely lacking. I kept waiting for the proof, for any supporting evidence, but it never came. Campos quotes (maybe) his friend JJ as follows:

I'm not saying ND's AD and president are sitting there saying, 'Well, Weis sucks, but he's white, let's give him another chance.' Obviously that's not what's happening.

But I do think there's plenty of institutional racism, and this is a good case. Weis isn't getting another chance because ND's administration is overtly racist, it's because everyone at ND is just more inclined to think highly of Weis and poorly of Willingham.

Campos repeats JJ's belief: But I do think there's plenty of institutional racism, and this is a good case.

Like the Ghostbusters, I'm willing to believe you, but, as always, when you call a person or an institution racist, it would really help to provide some evidence. Different treatment of two men, one of whom was black, just doesn't cut it, but Campos seems unable to realize that he hasn't backed up his claim, as usual.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?