Sunday, May 11, 2008

 

Lame After the Fact Light Posting Excuse

I got up very early Saturday to drive though a Spring blizzard over Berthoud Pass to the shooting range near Hot Sulpher Springs up past where you can walk across the Mighty Colorado River and not get your feet wet. So no blogging.

At the range I did well (consistent, not accurate) with the Ruger 10/22 in 22 mag. I also did well, accurate OK tight grouping, with the Remington in 300 Weatherby magnum. But the beautiful gun, the thousand dollar plus Colt Saur in 300 Winchester magnum, continues to be mystery to me. I won't accuse it of a wandering zero, but it was 8 inches low at the start and the accurate group at the end at 200 yards could not have been covered with a dollar bill. I would say that's OK but for my hunting buddy Gary who gets near quarter covered groups with his 150 dollar Savage in 30.06 and with his Safari grade 2 BAR in 7 mm magnum.

Since we're reloading our ammo, we can't blame it (I can't) without damning my reloading ability.

Also, I'm heeling my pistol shooting. It might be that the Glock 19 has a trigger pull weight I'm not used to. In any event, my shooting skills are rusty at best and I need much more range time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?