Thursday, June 12, 2008

 

This Day in the History of Solved Crimes Unpunished


On this day in 1994, O.J. Simpson stabbed his ex wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ron Goldman to death outside her home in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles, California. Here is but a small amount of the evidence the criminal trial jury (idiots all) ignored in acquitting him: Simpson had a cut finger he could not explain; his blood was found at the murder scene; blood, hair, and fibers from Brown and Goldman were found in Simpson's car and at his home; one of his gloves was found in Brown's home, the other outside his own house; and bloody shoeprints found at the scene matched those of shoes owned by Simpson. These bloody shoe prints were made by Simpson's size 12 Bruno Magli "Lorenzo" shoes (rich men's shoes) and were found in Simpson's car and at his home as well. Did I say the criminal jury were all idiots? Oh, I see I did. Well, they were.

Labels:


Comments:
Rog,

The jury in this case was not composed of idiots. I believe that the jury was composed of people who felt abused by the state of CA. The trial lasted for 134 days (that's 19+ weeks or nearly 4 and 1/2 months).

During that period, the jury was sequestered. The members, as I recall, were housed in a 2nd rate motel w/ inadequate recreational facilities. Their access to TV and radio and printed media was limited. Their access to their families was limited. As I recall, they were not allowed to go home on weekends.

In short, the jury felt as if it were in jail.

The not guilty verdict was an act of resentment.

This is my theory anyway. I offer it by way of explanation, not justification.

T
 
I don' think "idiots" is the right word.

T
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?