Saturday, August 09, 2008

 

Russian Tanks Near Tskhinval

Russia comes to the aid of the Sudeten-Russians in Georgia.

Few people outside Georgia knew the capital of the breakaway province of South Ossetia. I still can't say it. Look at the reactive armor on the T-8072s in Georgia. Tiny squares. We don't really use reactive armor as we, along with the developers of it, the Brits, have the near magic Chobham. The Israelis use it a lot but it's in big squares or other parallelograms.

I was for Georgia just because it was the underdog here, but now that I know that Georgia’s pro-Western President, Mikheil Saakashvili , wants into NATO, and has 1000 troops helping us in Iraq, I'm with them for more than just anti-Soviet sentiment (and I believe the actions of Russia here are Soviet-like). So let me be the first to say it: Save Georgia!

UPDATE: I think now I misidentified the tanks. Sorry.

Labels:


Comments:
Don't look now, but this may be an actual war for oil.
 
Or at least for an oil pipeline. Good call, eric.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?