Wednesday, September 24, 2008

 

The Lure of the Conspiracy Theory

Probably out of desire on my part, I hope and believe that the new government in Pakistan is more eager than the last one to take on the Taliban, al Qaeda types and assorted Muslim extremists living near Afghanistan. However, it would not be of a particularly political advantage for the new government in Pakistan to be seen as enthusiastic supporters of American and NATO efforts against these same people. Thus, I have come to believe that the efforts of the Pakistan armed forces to oppose our attacks on the extremists is merely for show and we share the same desire as the Pakistanis to defeat and destroy the extremists. The news that the Pakistanis downed a predator type drone actually increases my belief, where shooting down a manned aircraft would have caused me to doubt it.

Once you're in, it's tough to get out.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?