Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 

Weak Light Posting Excuse


I'm busy preparing to do my civic duty and hunt in a few days. I made 90 cartridges last night and had no idea how tiring it was to trim the cartridge length. Tomorrow, I'll sight in and then silence here will descend unless my fellow contributors actually deign to post something or other.
It could happen.

UPDATE:

The beautiful rifle (Colt Saur in 300 Win Mag) is rededicated to eradicating split hoofed herbivores with replacement of the apparently worthless Weaver telescopic sight with a Leupold. It was moving its tight, covered with a quarter, groups of three from down and left five each time I adjusted the sight and after about 21 rounds, was an inch high but dead on at 200 yards. Three inches high at 100. Except for the fact that I can't actually hunt elk in the south until my bud gets his cow elk in the north, I feel positively bad ass. The gift Remington 721 in 300 Weatherby Mag is also making tight groups at a distance. If the right don't get ya' then the left one will.
UPDATE: The photo is of the gift gun's first group at 100. Not bad for a 60 year old gun that has seen a lot of use.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh, we will miss your commentary on what will assuredly be an inthraling debate. Also, Europe... It is hard to be an American. I am looking forward to getting back home, at least politically
 
I'll see you in Europe soon. Do you want me to bring a Canada patch?
 
Goofd luck, Roger.

Perhaps we will eat your success at a later date.

T
 
Dude,

You better get back to me about your Prague accommodations or no promises.

Just a heads up. Do with it what you will.

Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Cheers,

Mike
 
Absolutely, T. The venison is on me.

Me too, Mike. I've e-mailed you.
 
Hope you get em Roger. Would you consider selling your gift rifle to me?
 
No, I can't sell a gift, unless you're my cousin Jay. If you are, I'll think about just giving it to you.
 
Yes, it is your cousin. email me at jayfoust@ak.net
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?