Saturday, October 25, 2008

 

Well, Here's Your Problem, Right There.


That's a mountain in the eastern part of the San Juans. It's over 11,000 feet tall. Heck, I was taking the picture on a mountain about 13,000 feet tall and I was at 12,000. Notice anything missing, for late fall? Like white, glistening stuff all over the ground?

There was no snow, and therefore no pressure to bring the elk down to lower elevations. So they were hanging out way up high on the mountainsides and we got tired of going up again and again not to see them. So we came back empty.

Every hunter has his excuse ready by the time he hits home and I'm no exception. I never fired a shot the entire trip. Not that I'm complaining. It really is beautiful up there.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?