Wednesday, February 09, 2011

 

President Obama and Movie Allusions

There was a time when some compared the president to the character in The Manchurian Candidate. I quite liked that movie, but still can't figure out why Lawrence Harvey is carrying a P-38 (or P-1) rather than a 1911A2. On further reflection, however, I think the more apt comparison is with Being There.

I know, I know, the President is a super genius and Chance, the Sellers character, is a functional idiot. Still, like with the gardener, people put their own aspirations onto Obama's blank slate and mistake his banalities for profundity.

Until I see some SATs or grades from Occidental, Columbia or Harvard, the President's IQ is 100. And I think I'm being more than fair there.

Jack Cashill at the American Thinker has similar thoughts independently. Great minds...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?