Tuesday, May 07, 2013

 

Losing Our Diversity Would be Worse

Here is a report about falling violent crime with guns here in America. It contains a little factoid I am loath to repeat lest I be branded a racist. Oh hell, no one reads me anyway. Here it is.

Although the rate of firearms homicides for African Americans declined by 51 percent over the past two decades, that rate was still 14.6 per 100,000 people in 2010 — compared to 1.9 for whites.
So the rate of gun homicide for African Americans is more than seven and a half times greater than white American gun homicide. What's up with that?


Labels:


Comments:
I'm sure all those A-As are licensed, and background checked.
Yeah, I'm sure of that....

PS, re: no one reads me. I do check in on ya' from time to time, but since I don't watch TV, rarely go to or watch movies, and although a CCW permit holder don't care much for armament esoterica, and resent giving "climate change" more than a split second of my time, there hasn't been much here for me to comment on.
Not complainin', just sayin'.
:)
 
The leit motiv I use of "no one reads me" is just me feeling sorry for myself for low daily hits. Pay no attention. I do appreciate faithful commenters. The idea that I would have to tell the government the serial number of a gun I own is so foreign to my world view that it still amazes me that most people think every one has to. Only in the bluest of blue states and not here, yet. I appreciate your irony here.

If it's sexist, Jed, to notice that a woman is good looking or not, is it racist to notice the skin color of the gunman? I just need to know the rules.

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?