Tuesday, May 13, 2014

 

Dreadful at Any Cost

I watched Penny Dreadful on Showtime. Well named. I suspected the plot it was brewing when they mentioned the missing daughter's name, Mina, who is the heroine in jeopardy, like her more unfortunate friend Lucy, rescued from being lost to Dracula in the epistolary novel by Bram Stoker, but then Victor Frankenstein showed up, so Dorian Gray cannot be far behind and it's League of Extraordinarily Dreadful Gentlemen all over again. That ain't so good.

I'll probably keep on watching in the hope that Eva Green takes off her clothes. Probably.


Lord knows that the Mother of Dragons has stopped appearing naked, but I keep watching her show.

I'm also having trouble getting my mind around how incredibly-good-looking Timothy Dalton has aged. I can still recall his Heathcliff in 1970.


Meanwhile, irreplaceable time runs away, indeed.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?