Sunday, July 06, 2014

 

Constitutional Rights v. Government Mandates

This creaky old hosting platform won't let me download a good poster right now so I'll just put down the additional thoughts I had on the subject and we'll see if later I can add the photo.

This is just one of many examples.

The Second Amendment is plain on its face: [Because it's a good thing to have an organized, armed citizen Militia], the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I modified (modernized) the dependent clause. The right to buy and use contraceptives exists only in the emanations of the penumbras streaming from the whole bill of rights and it was only discovered by the court in Griswold v. Connecticut in 1965. But both are rights guaranteed by the Constitution. OK. So does the fact that the right exists mean that the federal government has to pay for the guns or the contraceptives? No, of course not. What are you, stupid?

Does the government have the power to require that citizens have to pay for the guns or contraceptives to be used by others? Tougher question. If it's a tax (as we all know the ACA is), then I'd say maybe. So, the left should be careful about what "rights" it requires citizens to pay for others to have the item guaranteed. If they can make certain people pay for other people's contraceptives, we can surely make other people pay for my 2nd Amendment rights.

And I'd like a second generation Colt SAA in .44-40, please.


Easy as pie to post this on a real computer.



Labels: ,


Comments:
What are you, stupid?

Is that a trick question?

Rumor floating around about a blogger meetup on the 12th, BTW.
 
I'm game, let me know.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?